Thursday, August 6, 2020

Big Year Update: July


Willet
July was not a good month for my birding. Not much birds were passing through, probably because of the drought conditions, and I was\am having equipment problems, ending the month with a busted camera.  So for the month of July, I only added one bird, a Willet (Tringa semipalmata), to my 2020 Big Year checklist bringing the total to 85 species, and seven new images to my Photographic Big Year, finishing the month with 48 images. 
With the problems, I am having with my camera it is going to be very difficult to reach my goal of photographing 100 species but I will try.   I am behind in both challenges August will be a make or break month. Let's see how it goes.

June images
 42. Lesser Black-backed Gull - Larus fuscus

43. Great Egret - Ardea alba

44. Rose-ringed Parakeet - Psittacula krameri

45. Black Swift - Cypseloides niger

46. Grassland Yellow-Finch - Sicalis luteola

47. Black-faced Grassquit - Melanospiza bicolor

48. Least Sandpiper - Calidris minutilla

2 comments: