Saturday, February 6, 2021

Highlights and Images from January

As I said in a previous post, my birding will be very low key this year, but when you look at my activity for January you may feel I was joking.   The fact is I  tallied 68 species in 21 outings during the month, an all-time high for me.  This came about because I was involved in a region-wide conservation program directed by Birds Caribbean called the Caribbean Waterbird Census or CWC, which got me out during the month.  It also afforded me the time to get more familiar with my new camera, the Canon 7D MK II.  Even with the sub-par Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS II lens that I paired it with I was very surprised by this beast.  I am still figuring out some of the bells and whistles (man this thing has lots of them) but I am happy with the results.  For February, the island will be on lockdown, at least for the first half of the month but my goal would be to photograph the birds around my curtilage. (One of my new COVID words).

I wish you all a great and productive month of February. Remember to follow the protocols and stay say.  I hope you enjoy the images below from the month of January.

Semipalmated Plover
(Charadrius semipalmatus)


Least Tern (Sternula antillarum)

Sanderling (Calidris alba)


Sanderling (Calidris alba)

Green Heron (Butorides virescens)


Cliff Swallow
(Petrochelidon pyrrhonota
)


Cliff Swallow 
(Petrochelidon pyrrhonota
)

Lesser Scaups (Aythya affinis)


American Coot (Fulica americana)



No comments:

Post a Comment