Thursday, August 17, 2023

My 2023 Images - July

In July, I captured a variety of bird species with my camera, but I focused on shorebirds in the second half of the month as they became more common with the onset of the fall migration. I used my trusty Canon 7D II, Candace II, and a Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 Contemporary DG OS HSM, also known as Big Selma, and edited the photos with Lightroom 5. 

These are a few of the images  I got:

The rare Fulvous (front) and more common Black-bellied (back) Whistling-Ducks
Fulvous Whistling-Duck
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck in flight 
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck
Laughing Gulls are plentiful at this time of year
Green Heron aka Gaulin 
Grassland Yellow-finch aka Grass Canary 
Black-faced Grassquit - male
Grey kingbird

 Now the migrating shorebirds

Semipalmated Sandpiper
Lesser Yellowlegs (L) and a Willet (R)
A South American Migrant - Collared Plover
Our smallest shorebird - Least Sandpiper


No comments:

Post a Comment