Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Travel Day - A Grueling 20 Plus Hours of Traveling

"Now my bags are packed, and I am ready to go" 
Today marks the start of a long-awaited return to Calgary, Alberta.  the trip will be grueling, after a five-hour flight from Barbados to Toronto on Air Canada Rouge AC 1841, I'm facing a taxing 10-hour night layover at Pearson International Airport then an early morning flight (AC131) and should be in beautiful Calgary by 9 am tomorrow, Thursday morning, fingers crossed for no unexpected delays!

My hope for the first day is to catch a glimpse of the bird that have been causing wave at this moment, Whooping Crane (Grus Americana). It has recently been joined by a pair of Sandhill Cranes (Antigone canadensis). If everything goes according to plan, these magnificent birds will be my first lifers in Calgary.

Stay tuned for updates as I embark on this exciting birding journey. I'll be sharing photos, stories, and hopefully, some incredible bird sightings here


No comments:

Post a Comment