Friday, October 11, 2024

October Big Day 2024, Count Me In!

Blackpoll Warbler - a bird I am hoping to see during OGBD 2024

Tomorrow, October 12th, is World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD), and I'm excited to join our local birders and countless others worldwide for a full day of birding. This year's October Big Day marks my quest to surpass my previous record of 65 species in 2020. While that was a remarkable achievement, I'm aiming for a respectable 55 species this time around.

My birding day will kick off in the north, at Harrison's Point, and gradually wind its way east, south, and finally west. I'll also be leading a field trip with visiting students from McGill University, adding an extra layer of excitement to the day.

Follow My Progress

You can stay updated on my birding journey in two ways:

  • eBird Trip Report: Check out my eBird trip report for the most up-to-date information on my sightings.
  • X (Twitter) Updates: Follow my Enthusiastic Birder X account for periodic updates on my progress.

Let's celebrate these amazing birds together!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment