Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Big Year Update: November

December! The last month of 2020, the last month of my Big Year Challenges and I can see the finishing line for one of them, while I have a few more corners to turn with the other one.  I have already reached a personal mild stone with my Big Year Challenge.  On  November 29th I recorded my 108th bird species for the year, a Ruddy Duck (Oxyura jamaicensis), which is now the most local species I have seen in a calendar year, surpassing my 2013 tally of 107.  This effectively places me just two species behind my goal of 110 species.  You can see my Big Year 2020 species list here.

It is not as rosy with the Photographic Big Year 2020.  In November I added  11 species, moving the total to 83, seventeen short of the goal of 100 images, so I still have a lot of work to do.

In December, it will be all out birding to complete both of these challenges,  stay tuned for the conclusion.

Here are the Photo Big Year addition for October

73. Northern Waterthrush 
(Parkesia noveboracensis)

74. Brown Pelican (Pelecanus occidentalis)

75. Stilt Sandpiper (Calidris himantopus)

76. Least Tern (Sternula antillarum)

77. Antillean Crested Hummingbird 
(Orthorhyncus cristatus)

78. Long-billed Dowitcher
(Limnodromus scolopaceus)

79. Black-bellied Plover
(Pluvialis squatarola)

80. White-winged Tern
(Chlidonias leucopterus)


81. Hudsonian Godwit (Limosa haemastica)

82. Lesser Scaup (Aythya affinis)

83. Ruddy Duck (Oxyura jamaicensis)



No comments:

Post a Comment